March 31, 2020
Hey everyone! We pray you are resting in God’s sovereign control over our world and experiencing an abundance of joy, peace, and hope even in these difficult times. Due to the recommendations of the government from the local, state, and national levels we believe the right decision, out of a desire to follow Romans 13:1, is to continue cancelling our normal gatherings during the month of April.
A few reminders:
- You can find our livestream on the Church’s Facebook page. You can also access the livestream at our Church website- riversidescottsboro.com. Just hit the rotator that says- “Click here for Livestream.” It is also located under the Events tab at the top. We will be livestreaming Sunday mornings at 10:15 and Wednesday nights at 6:30pm.
- We are excited so many of you participated with the online Zoom Sunday school meetings. If you are interested in participating you can text 256-599-8675 and we will get you info. There will also continue to be info through our regular means of communication (Church website, social media, and REMIND text group)
- Over the next month there will be more opportunities for different groups to use this platform.
- Giving: While we are not able to meet corporately if you would like to still give- you can send a check to RCC at 918 S. Broad Street, Scottsboro, AL 35768 or you can give securely online at: https://www.riversidescottsboro.com/giving
- If you have any needs in the coming days (spiritual, physical, or financial) as a church body we want to minister to one another. You can communicate any need you might have to the church at 256-599-8675. If you know of any prayer needs please communicate with us. As your pastor I am so thankful not just for our Elders but the Deacons of our Church and the people within the Body ready to serve one another.
- We are going to seek to reach out to our community through social media. We believe many are fearful and we want to be available to pray and communicate with people during this time. We also want to offer services to senior adults who are scared to get out and get groceries or other needs. Many of our younger adults are willing to help safely deliver groceries if needed, and many others are willing to talk with people over the phone. We will be communicating to the community and will let you know what type of response we get back. Please pray God would go before us in this desire to serve others.
- Utilize the Church Directory under “Get Connected” on the website. If you need password text 256-599-8675.
- Going forward we will continue to monitor the situation closely and communicate with you through Church website, social media, and REMIND text group.
Remember the words of Christ during this difficult season.
19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” John 21:19-21
As the Church of Jesus, we have been sent into the world by Christ to be His messengers of His saving work! We are called to be lights in a dark world that desperately needs hope! God is on His throne and will enable us by His grace every step of the way!
Continue to remember that the Church is not a building but the living Body of Christ! Continue to check on and serve one another as we move forward. I continue to pray this will produce many unique doors for our church body to boldly share the hope of the Gospel of Christ with those filled with panic and fear.
We will take it day at a time and communicate with you each step of the way! We are so thankful for the Body of Christ at Riverside!
Steven and the Elders of Riverside Community Church